Adams Ave and North 26th Street, Clarksburg, West Virginia
Please provide a brief overview of the project.
• Goal of the project: The goal of the Adamston Flat Glass Revitalization was to take an abandoned, dilapidated and contaminated piece of property and return it to a prosperous and productive property while creating local jobs and improving the community’s quality of life.
• Location of the site: The Former Adamston Flat Glass site is located adjacent and on the southern side of well-travelled U.S. Route 50 and northwest of the intersection of Adams Avenue and North 26th Street in Clarksburg, WV.
• Approximate size of the site (in acres): 5.6 acres
• Former use of the site: From the early 1900’s until 1986, the site was home to a glass production facility that manufactured windowpanes and sheet glass. Fourco Glass operated the facility beginning in 1970 and merged with AFG Industries, whose parent company operated the site until 1986. The site was sold to Princeton Enterprises, Inc. which demolished all buildings except two process stacks and a storage building. The site sat vacant from 1986 until redevelopment began in 2009.
• Actual end use of the site: The site has been redeveloped into Adamston Commons, a commercial shopping plaza located adjacent to the Adamston neighborhood. Today, a Shop-N-Save grocery store featuring a fresh deli and bakery and a Save-A-Lot grocery store are operating and have created 130 new local jobs as well as bringing fresh, affordable food to the Adamston community. Additional retail and commercial space is being marketed to attract more businesses and community services.
• Date the project was completed: The site cleanup was completed in July 2010. Construction of the retail shopping plaza began in December 2011. The Save-A-Lot supermarket celebrated its grand opening in April 2013 and the Shop-N-Save celebrated its opening a month later in late May. A Dollar Tree is schedule to open its doors in July 2013.
City of Clarksburg,
222 West Main Street, Clarksburg, West Virginia
To continue, you must log in.