615 West Main Street, Rock Hill, South Carolina
Please provide a brief overview of the project.
The 1910 building was originally built and served as the Victoria Yarn Mill #2 until the depression of 1930. In 1936 the building was purchased by the Rock Hill Body Company who became one of the earliest makers of truck bodies and school bus bodies in the Southeast, until closing in 1987. The goal of this project was to restore the old building to create 21 family rental apartments along with the construction of 18 single-family rental houses on the property. The site is approximately 8 acres and is located in the “Old Town” portion of Rock Hill, SC within a mile of downtown services.
This project was completed in January of 2011. A Certificate of Completion for the Brownfields Non-Responsible Party Voluntary Cleanup Contract was dated February 4, 2011.
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control,
Bureau of Land and Waste Management, Columbia, South Carolina
To continue, you must log in.